January 6, 2012

Merry Christmas to all......

Our Christmas festivities started on Sunday the 18th and pretty much lasted the whole week.  On Sunday we had our annual Timm (my moms side of the fam) Santa party.  We have been doing this every year since I was a little girl and the same Santa has been coming, so it is fun to have a whole new generation sitting on Santa's lap. 

This is the whole Timm family.....missing Chance and Grandma
On Monday for family night we had our traditional Nativity.  We have been doing this for 8 years now and it keeps getting bigger and bigger with the more kids we all have.  The Hedmans (Jons fam) join us and it is something we all look forward to.  Every year it is a fight over who gets to be the sheep.....seriously my 13 year old wants to be the sheep???  It is a very tender script and the kids love acting it out. 
Mary, Joseph and little baby Jesus (Stella)

The Sheep

The ending scene

My kiddos.....kind of a revealing dress Mary!
 Wednesday we all met at the mall do take our Santa pictures.  Again, this is something my mom has done with us since we were little and it is something we have all started with our own families.  It is fun to look back at all the pictures and see the changes and the little personalities in all the pictures.  This year we got to the mall early to try to beat the rush.  As soon as we got in line I noticed the sign that said that Santa takes a break between 5:30 and 6:00.  We had plenty of time right????  Well we got all the way through the line and were very next to get our pictures done, mind you we had 12 kids to get in the picture....and they closed the line so Santa could take his break.  WHAT???  So we went to eat really fast and Kelly stayed in line.  Right at 6pm we were there for our picture.  It was crazy fun!


The whole gang!
 Christmas Eve we always go to a movie with my family.  Our day started out with Kelly wrapping up some last minute gifts so I played a 3 hour game of Monopoly with the boys and Bronson KILLED us all....We met my fam for dinner and then headed to the movie.  We saw WE Bought a Zoo....it was adorable.  Then we headed home to open our jammies.  Then Kelly and I settled down to watch the marathon of Christmas Story (my most fav).
It was a UTAH year
 I LOVE Christmas morning.  It was going to be tricky this year with Christmas being on a Sunday, but truthfully I Loved it.  It was fun getting up, opening presents and then going to celebrate our Saviors birth.  It was a great way to start the day.....minus Bronson barging into our room at 5am and yelling...."WAKE UP IT IS CHRISTMAS".

Addy and her Dream Castle.  She was so much fun this year everything she opened she would exclaim...this is just what I wanted......LOVE IT!

Bronson got his DS and some games

Riley got his soccer goals and a cell phone

Brennan got a soccer goal and an IPOD touch and a huge box filled with flaming hot cheetos.
After we all got done with church we headed over to my moms for our Breakfast/Brunch.  We all exchanged gifts and enjoyed more family time together.  My mom got Zach and Riley these awesome MORPH suits.....hilarious! 


My mom found these old school Cabbage Patch Kids dolls.....Addy loved hers!
 It has become a fun tradition that every year for our Christmas dinner we order Chinese take out.  We think we are so funny as we (mostly Kelly and I ) sing FAR RA RA RA RA RA RA RA RA......

We had the most wonderful Christmas this year.  It is so fun with the kids getting older and the more traditions we start.  We love our Savior and we are so thankful for His birth, His life and His example. 

1 comments:

Aimee said...

You guys have so many fun traditions! I love it! Addy looks adorable in her dance costume and the thirteen year old sheep is hillarious. I'm loving the Chinese food tradition and we think you're pretty funny too. It's not Christmas until you've watched "you'll shoot your eye out" at least twelve times.