October 14, 2010

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays......


October is a crazy one for us we have so many birthdays this month. The most important being Riley on the 3rd and Kelly on the 6th. This year was a BIG one for the both of them. Riley turned 12! (I am SO not old enough to have a 12 year old) and Kelly turned the BIG 4-0! We had a week long of celebrations. Starting with Rileys friend birthday......



Riley Soccer Birthday Cake

All the Kiddos
Riley wanted to  have a Soccer party.....surprise, surprise.....He ended up inviting his whole soccer team and all of his neighborhood friends and they played one giant game of soccer.

Sunday we had family over for dinner on Rileys actual birthday. 

Riley opening more presents....

Riley got some goals


All the kids playing soccer
For Kellys birthday we just kept it low key....(don't worry I had something up my sleeve). We went to dinner with the kids, gave him a few presents and I made him a cake.



Kelly opening his presents
Friday night I planned a SURPRISE party for Kelly.  I told him that we had reservations downtown for dinner but I had to drop some Cookie Lee of to Jen.  We went walking up to the clubhouse, opened the door......everybody inside yelled SURPRISE!  It was so much fun, he had NO idea.  I had invited people he went to high school with, family, work associates and friends. 

Walking through the door

Kelly trying to explain his HOT picture

Kelly and his dad

Look at ALL those candles

Happy Birthday HON....LOVE you!

Ricky Hacking.....THE funniest comedian ever
To end our CrAzY week of birthdays Riley was ordained a Deacon and he was given the Aaronic Priesthood.  Kelly ordained him.  He did a Fabulous job.  I cannot believe that Riley will passing the sacrament, going to Young Mens and start hanging out with girls.  I don;t know if I am ready for this next chapter.  I am so proud of Riley and the wonderful young man that he is becoming!

Riley, Kelly and Grandpa Duane
Happy Birthday Riley and Kelly.  I am so proud of both of you and LOVE you both so much!

2 comments:

Jani -n- Todd said...

Lucy... You got some s'plainin to do... About that picture of Kelly!!! So fun!

McKenzie said...

Uh yeah... what is the picture explanation?? LOL! Way to pull off the surprise party Steph! You are such a cute wife and mom. I can't believe Riley is 12! It was just yesterday that he was babbling about transformers and close talking to me in the bleachers :)